Terms and conditions or GOOD WORKS INITIATIVE B.V.
Terms & Definitions
- Good Works Initiative B.V.: located in Utrecht and registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under registration number (KvK-number) 54475694 with the trading name WOO, World of Opportunities.
- Website: the Website of WOO as can be found at www.woocares.com, including all its sub-domains.
- Customer: the private or corporate legal entity who has registered on the Website – who may or may not act as a professional or on behalf of a company – which comes to any agreement with Good Works Initiative B.V.
- Agreement: all agreements or contracts between Good Works Initiative B.V. and the Customer which are subjected to the contents of the terms & conditions.
- Terms & Conditions: the terms & conditions as stated in this document and on this website.
When do the terms & conditions apply
- These terms & conditions apply to all offers, agreements and deliveries by Good Works Initiative B.V. with the exception of possible other agreements which have been confirmed in writing by Good Works Initiative B.V.
- Should the customer at the time of any order, confirmation or statement of acceptance wish to include conditions or statements that do not comply with or differ from the terms & conditions, then these conditions or statements will only be legally binding when they have been confirmed and accepted by Good Works Initiative B.V. in writing.
Prices and Information
- All prices on the website and in other written materials issued by Good Works Initiative B.V. are inclusive of VAT and, unless otherwise stated on the website, inclusive of other duties imposed by any governmental body.
- All prices are exclusive of shipping costs.
- The contents of the website has been written with the utmost care. However, programming and/or typographical errors may occur and Good Works Initiative B.V. cannot guarantee that all information on the website is always correct and complete. All prices and other information on the website and in other written materials issued by Good Works Initiative B.V. are subject to such errors.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. is not responsible for any (colour) disparities due to differences in computer display qualities.
- Any WOO article may differ in details from the photo of the article on the website.
Terms of Agreement
- The agreement is final as soon as the customer has accepted the offer made by Good Works Initiative B.V. and when this agreement complies with the conditions stated by Good Works Initiative B.V.
- When the customer has accepted the offer by electronic means, Good Works Initiative B.V. will confirm the accepted offer immediately by electronic means. As long as this acceptance has not been confirmed by Good Works Initiative B.V., the customer is allowed to cancel the agreement.
- If the customer has provided Good Works Initiative B.V. with incorrect personal details, Good Works Initiative B.V. reserves the right to fulfil its obligation towards the customer until after receiving the correct personal details.
- During the registration process the customer will choose a username and password which can be used to log onto the website. It is the customer’s responsibility to choose a secure password.
- The customer is strongly advised not to disclose his account username and password to third parties. Good Works Initiative B.V. is not responsible for any abuse of the account username and password and may always assume that any customer who logs onto the website is indeed that same customer. All action taken through the customer’s account are the responsibility and risk of that same customer.
- Should the customer know or suspect that his account username and password could be used by an unauthorized person, he has to change his password as soon as possible and/or notify Good Works Initiative B.V. of this event to enable Good Works Initiative B.V. to take proper action.
Procedures with regard to the agreement
- As soon as Good Works Initiative B.V. has received the order it will dispatch the articles as soon as possible and under the conditions of section 3 of this paragraph.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. reserves the right to use third parties in order to fulfil its obligations following the conditions of the agreement.
- On the website it will be clearly and timely stated, before the finalization of the agreement, how and when the order will be delivered. Should there be no agreement on the time of delivery or when this is not clearly stated on the Website, the order will be delivered within a maximum period of 30 days.
- Should Good Works Initiative B.V. be unable to deliver the order within the agreed period of time, it will notify the customer. The customer has the option either to agree to the new delivery date or to cancel his order without any costs.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. strongly advises the customer to check the received order and report any irregularities within a reasonable period of time, preferably in writing or by email. Further information on this subject can be found under the paragraph guarantee and conformity.
- When the order has been delivered at the delivery address, the customer will assume all responsibilities and risks regarding this order.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. reserves the right to supply the customer with a similar product of a similar quality as the ordered article in the event of the ordered article being out of stock. The customer then has the right to cancel the agreement without costs and return the article free of charge.
- This paragraph relates only to the customer being a natural person who does not act on behalf of his profession or company. Corporate customers do not have the right of revocation. The customer has the right to cancel the agreement between himself and Good Works Initiative B.V. within 14 calendar days after receiving the order, without specification and without any costs, with the exception of the immediate costs for the return shipment. Therefore, the customer has to pay for the return shipment.
- If the customer wishes to make use of the option to return the article(s) within the return period mentioned in section 1 of this paragraph, the packaging and the article(s) should be handled with care. The customer will only open the packaging and use the article(s) in such a way to establish whether the order meets all the customer’s expectations.
- The customer has the right to cancel the agreement taking into account the provisions mentioned in this paragraph within the therein agreed period of time to Good Works Initiative B.V. or he will notify Good Works Initiative B.V. about his decision not to buy the article(s) after which he will return the article(s) to Good Works Initiative B.V. as soon as possible. The customer will follow the instructions provided by Good Works Initiative B.V. with regard to the return shipment.
- Any prepayments made by the customer will be refunded by Good Works Initiative B.V. as soon as possible and at the latest after 10 days of the cancellation.
- On the website all the necessary information and specifications with regard to return policy and the return procedures is clearly and timely stated, before the finalization of the agreement.
With regard to all payments to Good Works Initiative B.V. the customer will follow the payment instructions as stated in the order procedure and according to one of the payment methods as stated on the Website. Good Works Initiative B.V. is free to choose which payment methods it offers on its website and to change the choice of payment methods should it feel the need to do so.
Guarantee and Conformity
- This paragraph relates only to the customer being a natural person who does not act on behalf of his profession or company. Should Good Works Initiative B.V. decide that alternative guarantees apply to specific products then these conditions will be the same to all customers as described in this section.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. guarantees that its products comply to the agreement, to the product specifications, to all reasonable requirements with regard to the quality and/or usage, and to all legal provisions and regulations. Good Works Initiative B.V. may also guarantee that products can be used in other than the usual ways, but only when specifically stated and agreed between Good Works Initiative B.V. and the customer.
- All products sold by Good Works Initiative B.V. come with a 1 (one) year guarantee, notwithstanding the legal rights and claims the customer already has according to the agreement.
- When a product is damaged in whatever way due to wrong or improper use, be it deliberate or through negligence, or by not taking proper care of the product as described in the attached instructions, the customer will lose all rights and claims as stated in the guarantee conditions. With regard to the upcycled products sold by Good Works Initiative B.V. the customer should accept small irregularities in the product as this is an inherent part of the sandblasting process of the upcycled bottles. The customer has taken notice of this fact before ordering the product and will not be able to use these small irregularities as a cause for any claim in regard to the guarantee conditions.
- Should the customer receive an article that does not comply with the contents of the agreement, the customer will notify Good Works Initiative B.V. within a reasonable period of time about this defect or damage (with a maximum of 10 days).
- When Good Works Initiative B.V. accepts the complaint made by the customer the relevant article will be repaired. If the product cannot be repaired, Good Works Initiative B.V. will offer the customer either a replacement, or it will consult with the customer about a refund for the damage or defect, or it will accept cancellation of the Agreement by the customer with a total refund of the prepayment. The maximum amount in refund will be the price the customer has paid for the product, subjected to the liability conditions mentioned in this paragraph.
- The customer can file a possible complaint about a product (in accordance with the guarantee and conformity conditions in the relevant paragraph) and/or about other aspects of the services provided by Good Works Initiative B.V. either by telephone, email or in writing. Contact details of Good Works Initiative B.V. can be found at the bottom of these Terms & Conditions.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. will acknowledge receipt of the complaint and will provide the Customer with an answer regarding the complaint as soon as possible or at least within 5 days. Should Good Works Initiative B.V. be unable to provide the Customer with a substantive or definite reaction, Good Works Initiative B.V. will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 5 days and give the Customer an indication of the time within which it expects be able to give a substantive or definite reaction.
- This paragraph relates only to the Customer being a natural person or any other legal entity who acts on behalf of his profession or company.
- Should Good Works Initiative B.V. accept responsibility for any defect or shortcomings towards the Customer with regard to fulfilling the Agreement, it will only be liable up to the amount of the payment (inclusive of VAT) as specified in the Agreement.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. will not be accountable for or accept liability towards the Customer for indirect or collateral damages, including, but not exclusively consisting of, consequential loss, loss of income, revenue or profit, anticipated savings and data, and damages due to interruption of work.
- In addition to the circumstances mentioned in section 1 and 2 of this paragraph, Good Works Initiative B.V. will not be accountable for or accept liability towards the Customer for any compensation, irrespective of the reason why this claim for compensation is pursued. However, all the restrictions stated in this paragraph will lapse when the damages result from deliberate shortcomings or gross negligence of Good Works Initiative B.V.
- Good Works Initiative B.V. will only accept responsibility for any defect or shortcoming towards the Customer with regard to fulfilling the Agreement after the Customer has notified Good Works Initiative B.V. about the matter immediately and in writing, thereby offering Good Works Initiative B.V. a reasonable period of time to make amends for the defect or shortcoming, and when Good Works Initiative B.V. has still not fulfilled her obligations towards the Customer after this period of time.
- The Customer will only be entitled to any form of compensation when he has notified Good Works Initiative B.V. immediately, or at least within 10 working days, about any defects, damages or shortcomings.
- In the event of force majeure Good Works Initiative B.V. will not be held accountable for compensations for any damages.
Restriction of ownership
All products delivered by Good Works Initiative B.V. will remain the property of Good Works Initiative B.V. until full payment has been received.
Good Works Initiative B.V. will only use the personal details of the Customer as described in the Privacy Statement published on the Website.
- The Agreement is subject to Dutch Law.
- Unless the Dutch jurisprudence dictates differently, all disputes that may arise from the Agreement will be dealt with by the competent judge in the district where Good Works Initiative B.V. is located.
- Should any section or paragraph of the Terms & Conditions judged to be null and void, then this will not encroach on the validity of the complete contents of the Terms & Conditions. Parties will replace any null and void section and/or paragraph with a new and judicially sound one, the contents of which will resemble the original section and/or paragraph as closely as possible.
- The term ‘in writing’ as used in these Terms & Conditions include any communication by email, as long as the identity of the sender and the integrity of the email is sufficiently established.
Should you have any questions, remarks or complaints with regard to these Terms & Conditions, then please do not hesitate to contact us in writing or by email.
Good Works Initiative B.V.
Trading under the name: WOO
Concept Store and visiting address:
Stationsplein 31F, 1012 AB Amsterdam
Phone number: +31 (0)85 877 1294
Opening hour Friday office: 11.00 – 16.00h
Email address: email@example.com
Chamber of Commerce registration number: 54475694